Weight loss (Bariatric) surgery is very costly. Everyone cannot afford this kind of obesity treatment. But losing weight is key to a healthier and happier life, which is the right of every human being. People with low incomes cannot bear the cost of it.
Weight loss surgery for low-income people is unbearable but don’t worry we have a solution for you. First look at the costs of different weight loss surgeries which are different from procedure to procedure. Different types of surgeries with their costs are given in this table.
|Type Of Surgery||Cost (With Insurance)||Cost (Without Insurance)|
|Gastric Bypass Surgery||$3,500||Roughly $23,000|
|Sleeve Gastrectomy||$3,500||Roughly $17,000 to $26,000|
|Adjustable Gastric Band||$3,500||Roughly $8,800 to $22,500|
|Biliopancreatic Diversion With Duodenal Switch (BPD/DS)||Not Covered By Insurance Companies||Roughly $20,000 to $30,000|
Ways To Get Paid For Weight Loss Surgery For Low-Income People
If you are searching on the internet “weight loss surgery for low income” it means that you cannot afford this treatment. you want a financial assistant for low-cost surgery. Some of the free resources for Bariatric Surgery are given below:
1. Government Aid For Weight Loss Surgery For Low-Income People
Qualified patients can get help paying for weight loss surgery by the Federal Government under two programs, Medicaid and Medicare. But, both the processes have eligibility restrictions and long waiting periods.
- Gastric bypass surgery is performed by Medicaid if you fulfill some conditions like having medical proof that you are morbidly obsessed. Secondly, that you have tried several other weight losing techniques. But, if you are really obsessed then Medicain will surely perform this surgery free of cost.
- if you are over 65 years old then you are considered as disable and fulfill the criteria for free bariatric surgery for weight loss. Medicare will have to do surgery for you and will bear the cost of it.2. Charity support for bariatric surgery
2. Fund Raising For Weight Loss Surgery For Low-Income People
The Weight Loss Surgery Foundation of America is a nonprofit foundation. It is dedicated to helping people with weight loss surgery. It raises funds and gives the assistance up to 90% cost of the patients, who are qualified. The foundation raises funds to provide surgery assistance that will cover up to 90% of a qualified weight loss procedure. Some conditions for raising funds for you are as follows.
- You must be referred from a surgeon practicing at one of the surgery centers approved by the foundation.
- You must be uninsured or have denied coverage.
- You should agree to pay a 10% cost of the surgery.
3. Online Fundraising For Weight-loss Surgery For Low-Income People
Fundraising is a very helpful way to accept the challenge and have the courage to raise funds online. There are several websites that raise funds for needy people. Don’t feel sorry or ashamed. Share your story online and tell the donors how this surgery can change your life. You will surely get a donor for your weight loss surgery if you have low income. Make account there and raise a campaign today.