Apple launched refreshed Macbook Pro models with 8th and 9th generation Intel Processors in May 2019. They said that these were the finest and fastest Macbook Pro Models. They also introduced and updated entry-level Macbook Pro machines with the intel processor, a touch bar, Touch ID, T2 security Chips with standard 13 and 15-inch sizes. These machines have no external changes but with the same designs. Keyboard in MacBook Pro has an upgraded butterfly mechanism made with the latest materials. It solved the key failures which were a prominent problem in the old MacBook Pro models.
How To Solve Flashing Question Mark (?) MacBook Pro Issue
Apple Professionals said in a conference that the new 8 core 15 inch MacBook Pro offers two times faster performance than a quad-core MacBook Pro. They also declared that they give 40 percent faster performance than a previous generation 6 core MacBook Pro.
MacBook Pro is the fastest, finest and best machine in the market. They usually don’t have any issues related to their software as well as hardware. But some times some issues can occur. One of them is the question mark (?) error which is being discussed here.
There Two Kinds Of Question Mark (?) Errors On MacBook Pro.
- Your mac displays a question mark a few seconds then starts.
- You continuously see a question mark (?) and the system fails to start.
If you are facing trouble while starting up your MacBook Pro with a question mark (?) for a few seconds then starts, it means that the system cannot find the start-up disc. For this issue, you will have to reselect your startup disk in System Preferences. Follow these steps:
- Choose System Preferences from the given Apple menu, then click Startup Disk
- Click the disk you normally use to start your computer. It’s normally named as Macintosh HD.
- Close the System Preferences window.
After this process, Your Mac will now start up without the flashing question mark (?).
While for a permanent question mark (?) error you will have to follow these simple steps:
- Turn off your mac. If you fail to turn off then press and hold the power button for a few seconds.
- After turning off mac Press the power button once to turn your Mac back on, then immediately press and hold the Command and R keys on your keyboard to start your Mac from macOS Recovery. Keep pressing these two keys until you see an apple logo.
- Select a Wi-Fi network to connect to the Internet as part of a startup.
- After the macOS utility window appears, choose Startup Disk from the Apple menu.
- Select your startup disk, then click Restart
What If You Are Failed To Find Your Startup Disk?
If you don’t see your startup disk in the Startup Disk window, then you may need to repair the directory of your startup disk.
- Open Disk Utility in the macOS utility window.
- From the Disk Utility window, select your startup disk (usually named “Macintosh HD”) from the left side of the window.
- Bang/Click the First Aid tab.
- Verify the operation by Clicking the Repair Disk button and any issues with your startup disk.
- After your disk is successfully repaired, close the Disk Utility.
- Choose Startup Disk from the Apple menu. Select your startup disk, then click Restart. If you still don’t see your Startup Disk, then you will have to reinstall macOS on your startup disk.
Even if following these steps too, you don’t see your built-in startup disk in the Disk Utility window, or if Disk Utility shows a hardware issue, make an appointment with an Apple Genius or an Apple Official Service Provider for help. Or any of these 5 methods can solve your issue.
Method 1: Disconnect And Reconnect The Network Cables And The Peripheral Devices.
Shut down your system in a normal way if it doesn’t then press and hold the power button for a few seconds. Disconnect all the devices like printers, external hard drives and disconnect all the cables including Ethernet. Finally, restart your MacBook pro.
Method 2: Start You MacBook Pro In Safe Mood
Shut down your system in a normal way if it doesn’t then press and hold the power button for a few seconds. After restarting immediately press and hold the shift key, with this your mac will start in safe mood. If mac works fine, then restart it to check if the issue is solved or not. Normally, in various cases, if works properly.
Method 3: Reset The PRAM And NVRAM
Shut down your system in a normal way if it doesn’t then press and hold the power button for a few seconds. Turn the system again. Immediately press and hold the P and R command options. keep pressing these keys simultaneously until you see a green screen with start-up sound.
Method 4: Starting/Recovering System With X Installation Disc.
Insert installation disk in the CD/DVD ROM. Shut down your MacBook pro in a normal way if it doesn’t then press and hold the power button for a few seconds. Restart the system and press and hold the C key, this will start your system from the installation disk. Choose Disk Utility from the Utility Menu. Try a disk repair, after the completion of disk repair, restart your MacBook pro without pressing or holding any key from the keyboard.
Method 5: Remove Any Extra RAM Installed In Your MacBook Pro.
Shut down your MacBook pro in a normal way if it doesn’t then press and hold the power button for a few seconds. Open your MacBook pro casing/covers and find the Ram installed. Remove the RAM from the slot. Install the original Apple RAM if you have. If the issue is solved then you should contact Apple Service Provider for a RAM to buy.
I hope at least any of the above-mentioned methods would have worked for you solving your issue of question mark (?) errors on MacBook pro. I have tried to cover and elaborate on all the possible ways to solve the issue of question mark in Macbook Pro. If none of the above mentioned procedures don’t work for you then there may be some hardware issues, consult any professional or Apple service provider in your area.
I think that I have tried my best to resolve this issue. If you have any questions/queries feel free to comment in the comment box or contact us. We are always ready to help our visitors.
Regards: Team CrunchUpdate.com